A warrant search in Douglas County, Kansas, can be initiated in two ways. You can either take the official route, which involves driving down to one of the agency offices mentioned below, or you could take the easier option and conduct your inquiry online. The ideal source of details on arrests and warrants will depend on how much information is needed and how you intend to use the details you find on personal or third-party arrest records and outstanding warrants.
For information only inquiries: Often, you may want to know about any Douglas County active warrants or other criminal history indicators in the past of your new business associate or a friend, or even a neighbor. In this scenario, instead of taking the trouble of going through a state agency, you can look for the data online. This will be faster and less cumbersome.
For a formal background report: It is common for employers to demand background reports from candidates as a prerequisite for getting the job. These reports have to come from official sources. In fact, sometimes, you may even have to get the results notarized. All of these services can only be offered by a state justice department.
For court records: Information on arrest warrants is also held by the magistrate’s office and the county clerk. In fact, the latter can also provide details on civil cases and the issue of legal provisions in such matters, including bench warrants. Because the clerk of court has a database of court dockets, you can find extensive information about not just outstanding warrants but also conviction records and more from this agency.
- The sheriff: 111 E 11th, Lawrence, Kansas 66044
- The magistrate: 111 E 11th St, Lawrence, KS 66044
- The clerk of court: 1100 Massachusetts Street, Lawrence, Kansas 66044
How can you get a copy of an arrest report or information on outstanding warrants from Douglas County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- If you need an accident or arrest report, contact the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office at 785-832-5202.
- If you want to do a warrant search, contact the Municipal Court at 785-832-6190.
- If you want to know about arrests, use the phone number of the Douglas County Sheriff’s office at 785-830-1000
- If you are interested in victim services, contact the Douglas County Attorney at 785-841-0211.
- If you want to know when a criminal case will be heard and how to obtain criminal court records, contact the Clerk of Court 785-832-5256.
Almost 15 criminal complaints are filed with the Douglas County, KS police every day. This puts the monthly crime average at almost 450 occurrences and the annual crime average in the vicinity of 5000. Through the ten years from 1999 to 2008, there has been a rise of almost 30% in the rates of both violent and reported criminal acts.