When interested in Sumner County, Kansas arrest records, you can approach one of the three state agencies given below or connect with a private entity that collects and disseminates information on crime history. In case of both approaches for a warrant search, you will have to shell out a small fee. Also, depending on the reasons for accessing data on arrest warrants, it may help to go to one place or another.
For instance, state agencies are the official record bearers of criminal history information. The data kept by them ranges from Sumner County active warrants to civil case records and from bench warrants to search orders, summons, and more. In other words, if a person has ever been involved in any legal tangle, whether criminal or not, you are likely to find information on all these along with other public records from government entities.
While the extensiveness of the data offered by these agencies cannot be refuted, the fact is that driving down to one office after another can be cumbersome. Unfortunately, most of these departments have yet to warm up to the internet age. Even the office of the clerk of court, which maintains an exhaustive repository of court dockets, will only offer access to their database through the public service terminals housed in the justice center.
In contrast, private establishments offer the facility to conduct a warrant search online. Of course, this is far more convenient than going through the hassle of “in-person” visits. The only catch here is that data on outstanding warrants offered by them cannot be used for official purposes. So, depending on the information on arrests and warrants you need and why you need it, you can either fill the form on this page or go to:
- The sheriff’s department: 610 East Hillside Street, Wellington, Kansas 67152
- The magistrate’s court: 501 N Washington Ave, Wellington, KS 67152
- The county clerk’s office: PO Box 469, Wellington, Kansas 67152
Can you access the Sumner County warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (Current in 2021)
- To ask about recent arrests, contact the Sumner County Jail at 620-326-8943.
- To inquire about arrest warrants, call Municipal Court at 620-326-2791.
- To get an incident/accident/arrest report, contact the Sumner County Sheriff’s Department at 620-326-8941.
- To inquire about victim support and information, call the Sumner County Attorney’s Office at 620-326-7941.
- To know how to initiate a search for Sumner County judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at 620-326-5936.
Crime statistics of Sumner County
The Sumner County Sheriff’s Office got 168 criminal complaints in 2018. These comprised 156 property-related offenses and 12 violent offenses.
About 75 larceny-thefts, 65 burglaries, and 16 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Around 8 aggravated assaults, 2 rapes, and 2 robberies were included in the violent crimes category.
Older crime statistics
From 2002 to 2008, over 4000 crimes were reported in Sumner County, KS. This puts the annual crime average at just about 600 incidents. Of these cases, nearly 30 instances are of violent crime. In the seven years mentioned above, there has been an increase of almost 30% in the rates of violent criminal acts in the area.