Pursuant to the criminal laws of the KS, an arrest warrant search in Russell County is the right of all citizens. This means that you could inquire about the active warrants and arrest records in the name of a new acquaintance just as much as a major corporation seeking a criminal history report on a potential employee.
To access information on Russell County arrests and active warrants, you will need to get in touch with one of the agencies listed below:
- The police: 210 E 4th St, Russell, Kansas 67665
- The judiciary: 401 N Main St, Russell, KS 67665
- The clerk of court: As above
All three state departments are not just involved in some way with the process of issuing arrest warrants in Russell County, but also they have similar protocols on the procedure followed for the dissemination of information about criminal history. The sheriff’s office in your area will be able to furnish details on arrests as well as outstanding warrants.
Similarly, the magistrate’s office will be able to tell you about bench and active warrants, summons, and subpoenas. As far as the county clerk’s office goes, this agency can handle inquiries about arrest records, outstanding warrants, and civil litigations. They manage the repository of court dockets, essentially collecting facts from all cases heard by the local tribunals.
To conduct an arrest warrant search through the agencies listed above, you will need to visit their office in person, send in your attorney for the inquiry or write to the concerned department. Except for the clerk of the court’s office, which only charges for printed reports, the other two agencies do levy a small fee on such inquiries.
What Russell County agency should you approach for an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry? (Update: 2021)
- Information about requesting arrest records and police reports may be obtained by contacting the Russell County Sheriff’s Office at 785-483-2151.
- Information about arrest warrants can be obtained by contacting the Municipal Courts at 785-525-6425/785-445-3734.
- Information on assistance available to victims may be obtained by contacting the Russell County Attorney’s Office at 785-483-3119.
- Information on requesting judicial records and a criminal background check may be obtained by contacting the Office of the Clerk of Court at 785-483-5641.
Crime statistics of Russell County
In 2019, the Russell County Police filed 45 criminal cases, as opposed to the 74 crimes handled in the previous year. These included 40 crimes against property and 5 crimes against persons.
Of the property crimes, 22 were larceny thefts, 13 were burglaries, and 5 were motor vehicle thefts. Of the violent crimes, 4 were aggravated assaults, and 1 was rape.
Older crime statistics
150 criminal complaints are filed in Russell County, Kansas, every year. Fortunately, most of these incidents are property-related, with violent crimes logging in an average of just 12%. Annually, about 17 complaints are filed against homicide, rapes, and murders. In contrast, thefts contribute a massive 80 cases to the annual total.