Ellis County, Kansas arrest warrants can be found from multiple sources in the state government network, from the local police to the magistrate’s court and from the county clerk’s office to many an online agency. So, for a warrant search, you can go to any of them. Things will also depend on how much information you need, the type of details that you are looking for, and how you intend to use the report.
If the purpose of this background check is to secure employment, adoption, immigration, or the like, you will need to get the results of the warrant search notarized, and for this, you will have to mandatorily go through a state agency. As opposed to this, if you are looking for active warrants-related data for informational purposes, you can take your inquiry to a private vendor.
To find a reliable agency that furnishes details on outstanding warrants and arrest records from all over the country, fill the form you see on top of this page. The database contains an extensive amount of information on convictions, charges, incarceration, arrests, warrants, and more.
If you would also like to receive records on civil matters initiated by or against your subject, it would help to go to the office of the clerk of court. They are the keepers of the court dockets, and as such, the agency can provide you with details on bench warrants issued by civil tribunals, Ellis County active warrants released by criminal tribunals, and more. To connect with law enforcement or the judiciary, you can go to the following places:
- The sheriff’s department: 105 W 12th St, Hays, Kansas 67601
- The magistrate’s court: 1204 Fort St, Hays, KS 67601
- The county clerk’s office: PO Box 654, Hays Kansas, Kansas 67601
Over the phone, how can you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Ellis County? (2021-current)
- To get information about arrests (last 24 hours), contact the Ellis County Jail Administration at 785-625-1050.
- To get information on outstanding warrants, contact the Municipal Court via phone at 785-726-4812/785-625-1070.
- To get access to arrest records, contact Sheriff’s Office at 785-625-1040.
- To learn about victim services, call the Victim’s Advocate at 785-628-9405.
- To learn more about how to get criminal court records, contact the Clerk of Court’s Office at 785-628-9415.
Crime statistics of Ellis County
In 2019, the Ellis Sheriff’s Office received 46 criminal complaints, compared to 58 in 2018. There were 32 property offenses and 14 violent crimes among them.
Property offenses included 20 larceny-thefts, 10 burglaries, and 2 motor vehicle thefts. In the category of violent crimes, there were 12 aggravated assaults, and 2 robberies.
Older crime statistics
Of the 650 plus crimes that occur in Ellis County, KS every year, more than 300 take place when the victim is in close vicinity of his workplace or home. If this trend was not worrisome enough, it is backed by a near doubling of incident rates in the violent and overall crime categories through the last couple of years.