Looking for arrest warrants in Sedgwick County, Kansas, would have been a decidedly easy task if the justice agencies responsible for the issue and execution of such orders for arrests were to offer information about them through their website. However, at least so far, these departments have not warmed up to the idea of furnishing crime history details over the internet.
This means that when in need of a warrant search, you will need to do things the old school way and drive down to the office of one of the agencies listed below. However, before you let go of the idea fearing the cumbersome approach, know that visiting these state departments in person does hold some benefits.
For instance, when looking for active warrants in Sedgwick County through the sheriff’s office, you will also find a list of the area’s most wanted criminals. Similarly, when you approach the county clerk’s office, you can get access to the court dockets database for the criminal and the civil judicial network. Also, the magistrate’s office will offer details on the release of other legal provisions like bench warrants, summons, etc. To connect with these departments, go to:
- The sheriff: 141 W Elm, Wichita, Kansas 67203
- The magistrate: 510 N Main St, Wichita, KS 67203
- The clerk of court: 525 North Main Street, #415, Wichita, Kansas 67203
While there are some distinctive benefits to looking for information on outstanding warrants and arrest records through state agencies, it would be hard to ignore the fact that this approach is a tad bit tedious. A simple way to remedy the situation is to look for crime history details through a privately maintained website; to access one such database, you can fill the form given above.
Is it possible to get information on Sedgwick County arrest warrants and recent arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To find out about Sedgwick County arrests, contact the local Jail- 316-383-7205.
- To request criminal records, including incident, accident, and arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Office- 316-660-3900.
- To learn more about arrest warrants, contact the Sedgwick County Court-316-660-9050.
- To seek help offered to crime victims, contact the Sedgwick County Attorney’s Office- 316-660-3600.
- To obtain a criminal background check or judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court- 316-660-5900.
Crime statistics of Sedgwick County
In Sedgwick County, the annual crime rate was 299 cases in 2019, compared to nearly 662 cases in 2018. The listed offenses included 94 violent crimes and 205 property crimes.
Aggravated assaults had the largest number of complaints in the violent crime category, at 68 cases. With 109 reports, larceny theft was the most common property crime. Burglary reports came in second, accounting for more than 61 cases.
Older crime statistics
Sedgwick County, KS has one of the highest crime rates in the state, with incident figures reaching well into the 11,000 to 12,000 range. The violent crime rate is equally worrisome, with an average of nearly 11% of the total crimes that occur annually. Despite these stunning figures, the police have been ineffective in controlling the steady rise of almost 40% in the rate of violent crime and nearly 15% in the overall crime rate.