Conducting an arrest warrant search in Pottawatomie County, KS, involves a small investment of time and money; however, the inquiry results are well worth the effort. Yet, if you are in no mood to put in the legwork, it is always possible to get the inquiry completed through a private agency. These establishments work in a different way than most state departments.
For one, they have no vested interest in the arrests of the criminals listed in the database. So, they will not ask you to furnish details about yourself, nor will they be keen on sharing information about their members with local justice agencies. As opposed to this, state departments are quite concerned about the information about arrest records and outstanding warrants from Pottawatomie County falling into the wrong hands.
So, they insist that applicants show up in person to conduct the inquiry or send in the request through mail. In either case, you will inevitably land up telling the department as much about yourself as the subject. If you are comfortable with this process, you can look at the contact details given below. Do not forget to carry a photo ID along when approaching these agencies.
- Law enforcement agency: 106 Main St, Westmoreland, Kansas 66549
- The county magistrate: 207 N 1st St, Westmoreland, KS 66549
- The clerk of court: PO Box 186, Kansas, Kansas 66549
If the idea of launching an active warrant search online appeals to you more, scroll up to find the form on top of this page. This will get you access to an online database of criminal history records, including details on arrest warrants from all 50 states. Fill the form with the required information, and you are good to go.
How do access arrest records and details on warrants from Pottawatomie County over the phone? (Valid in 2021)
- For up-to-date arrests news, please dial the phone number of the Pottawatomie County Jail-785-457-3707.
- For arrest records or incident reports, please call the Sheriff’s Sheriff’s Department-785-457-3353.
- For questions about arrest warrants, please contact the Municipal Courts- 785-889-4456/785-494-2558/785-456-7714/785-437-2311.
- For Victim Advocacy, please call the Pottawatomie Prosecuting Attorney’s Office-785-457-3511.
- For initiating a criminal case, please call the Clerk of Court-785-457-3392.
Crime statistics of Pottawatomie County
The annual crime rate of Pottawatomie County decreased by nearly 12% in 2019. The local police received approximately 232 complaints in 2018, while they registered 204 criminal cases in 2019. Property crimes led to the filing of 177 complaints, while almost 27 cases were filed against violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
In Pottawatomie County, Kansas, almost 340 criminal complaints are lodged every year. However, only about 9% of these are violent criminal acts. Property crimes that have an annual incident rate of over 270 cases pose the greatest cause for concern.