When you are looking for arrest records in Johnson County, Kansas, you are bound to come across the names of some of the state agencies that keep information about active warrants issued in the area and are in some ways involved with the release of these orders. Typically, the cops and the judiciary work hand in hand when it comes to the issue of legal directives like warrants issued in felony cases.
However, a specific category of arrest warrants requires no involvement of the police; these orders are known as bench warrants, and they are not issued in case of criminal matters that the police have handled. Au contraire, these orders for arrests are issued when the judiciary is already sitting on the evidence against the accused as he has neglected a court order.
When an arrest occurs under an order for detention issued by the judiciary, whether it is a bench directive or an outstanding warrant from Johnson County, the police have to follow the words of the court on the matter. This means that if certain rules for arrest or release have been mentioned on the warrant, these have to be adhered to.
The police keep arrest records about the detention of offenders, and a notice of these is sent to the judiciary through the return of the warrant. In essence, at least three justice agencies have details about warrant issue and execution. So, for a warrant search, you can approach:
- The sheriff’s office: 27747 W 159th St, New Century, Kansas 66031
- The county clerk’s department: 111 South Cherry Street, Suite 1200, Olathe, Kansas 6606
- The magistrate’s court: 125 North Cherry, Olathe, Kansas 66061
How do you contact Johnson County officials to inquire about active warrants and recent arrests? (2021-current)
- For information on recent arrests, dial the phone number of Jail Bookings- 913-715-5900.
- For general inquiries, get in touch with the Sheriff’s Office at 913-715-5502.
- For information on arrest warrants, call the Municipal Court at 913-971-7564.
- For victim’s services and information on order of protection, contact the Johnson County County Attorney’s Office at 913-715-3004.
- For looking up judicial records, call the Clerk of Court at 913-715-3300.
- For police reports, accident reports, arrest records and criminal records, get in touch with the Sheriff’s Department at 913-791-5800.
Crime statistics of Johnson County
The Johnson Sheriff’s Department received 270 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to 264 instances in 2018. There were 220 property offenses and 50 crimes against people among them.
Around 163 larceny-thefts, 24 burglaries, and 33 motor vehicle thefts were among the property offenses recorded. Nearly 38 aggravated assaults, 10 rapes, and 2 robberies were among the reported violent offenses.
Older crime statistics
Johnson County, KS has several thriving urban pockets with high crime rates. This is reflected in the annual incident figures of the area. On average, almost 11,500 criminal complaints are filed with the local police. Although only 8% of these are violent, this can be worked out to a whopping 1000 heinous crimes that occur in the area every year.