There are a myriad of options available to look for public records in KA. In fact, most of these are online. However, you won’t find any such resources for launching an arrest warrant search in Sherman County. In fact, scouring the internet will not get you any information on the active warrants issued in the area or the arrest records, for that matter.
If you are willing to shell out a few bucks for the inquiry, you can find details on criminal history through private agencies. A reputable, third-party establishment is linked to this site. You can use the application above to provide formation on the subject. Clicking on search will take you to their services page. You can choose to buy the reports of a single inquiry or purchase access to their database for a set period of time.
It is possible to find details exclusively on Sherman County’s outstanding warrants and arrests or get criminal history information from all the state’s geographical divisions. In fact, you could also launch a nationwide arrest warrant search. Another way to look for information on arrest warrants is through a state department. However, this will not be a viable option for anybody who has a detention order in his/her name.
For third-party inquiries, you can connect with the state judiciary through the magistrate’s office or the county clerk. Law enforcement can be contacted by approaching the department of the sheriff or visiting the local police precinct. You will need to go down to the office of the state agency you have chosen to get them to initiate the warrant search on your behalf. These establishments work out of:
- The sheriff’s department: 813 1/2 Broadway, Goodland, Kansas 67735
- The magistrate’s court: 813 Broadway Ave, Goodland, KS 67735
- The county clerk’s office: As above
If you need information on Sherman County recent arrests and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)
- The Municipal Courts issues warrants, so contact them at 785-890-4574 for a warrants search.
- The Sheriff’s Office handles the investigation of crimes and accidents, so contact the agency at 785-890-4835 for an accident/arrest report.
- The Sherman County Attorney’s Office is in charge of victim services, so contact the agency at 785-890-4820 for victim’s assistance.
- The Clerk of Court handles all judicial records, so contact the agency at 785-890-4850 for a case search.
Crime statistics of Sherman County
In 2019, the Sherman County Sheriff’s Office received 6 criminal complaints, which were filed against 4 property offenses and 2 violent crimes. The property offenses included 2 larceny-thefts, and 1 burglary, while the 2 complaints against violent crime were both filed in matters involving assault.
Older crime statistics
From 2002 to 2008, almost 150 criminal acts were reported in Sherman County, Kansas each year. About 12% of all the cases filed annually were against violent crimes. Fortunately for the people residing in the area, there was a drop of almost 50% in the local crime rates.