Did you know that even something as innocuous as a broken tail light can get you arrested if you have an active warrant from McPherson County, Kansas, in your name? While these directives for arrests are issued by the local court and served by the sheriff’s office, information on them is sent to a central database once they go pending.
From here, details on outstanding warrants can be sought by police officers from all over the country, and this does not bode well for anybody who has such an order out in his/her name. What this essentially means is that you could be arrested at any time and in any place.
Although being involved in a criminal act will definitely lead to the issue of arrest warrants in your name, another possibility is that somebody with a criminal standing steals your identity. The warrant gets issued in the name of the person that the police think him to be. However, if you are found with such warrants in your name, you will be arrested.
Of course, you will be able to get off if your attorney can prove that this whole debacle is a result of stolen identity. Can you imagine the financial and professional ramifications of such an occurrence? So, why not play it safe and get periodic warrant searches done. This will help you find any arrest records or outstanding warrants from McPherson in your name. For such an inquiry, you can go to the following state agencies:
- The office of the sheriff: 1177 W Woodside, McPherson, Kansas 67460
- The court of the magistrate: 117 N Maple St, McPherson, KS 67460
- The department of the county clerk: PO Box 86, McPherson, Kansas 67460
What are your options for finding details on warrants and recent arrests from McPherson County over the phone? (2021-current)
- If you want to know about recent arrests: Call the County Sheriff’s office at 620-245-1225.
- If you want to inquire about arrest warrants: Call the McPherson Municipal Court at 620-245-2507.
- If you want to learn how to access criminal case records: Contact the Office of the Clerk of Court at 620-241-3422.
- If you need information on victim’s assistance: Contact the McPherson Attorney’s Office at 620-241-1027.
Crime statistics of McPherson County
The annual crime average of McPherson County was 51 complaints in 2019. Of the total cases filed, property crimes accounted for 37, while violent crimes brought in 14 complaints.
Within these crime categories, larceny-theft (20 cases) and burglary (15 cases) accounted for the maximum number of property crime-related complaints. In the violent crimes category, aggravated assault (13 cases) had the highest occurrence rate.
Older crime statistics
With less than 500 criminal reports received by the police of McPherson County, KS, this is possibly the area with the lowest crime rate in the state. However, these lower-than-average figures have put the sheriff’s office in a complacent mode because they have been unable to stop the growth of nearly 40% in violent crimes. A spurt of almost 60% was noticed in the rate of reported criminal incidents.