On the top of the Rice County Sheriff’s webpage is the statement, “MEET US IN THE MIDDLE.”This likely refers to the sheriff’s desire to work with the county’s population in keeping the peace. In any given year, about 125 crimes are reported in Rice County. However, between 2002 and 2008, there was just one single homicide. There were over 500 thefts in the same period, however.
Since the Sheriff’s Office is primarily charged with law enforcement responsibilities, it follows that they are a logical choice to check with for an arrest warrant search in Rice County. For that purpose, they act as Rice County District Court officers. To contact the sheriff about outstanding warrants, go to their office in person; the address is 1482 W. Highway 56, Lyons, Kansas 67554-1722.
Perhaps the most useful thing on the sheriff’s page is a link to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI).On the KBI website, they describe its mission as:
…providing professional investigative and laboratory services to criminal justice agencies, and the collection and dissemination of criminal justice information to public and private agencies, to promote public safety and the prevention of crime in Kansas.
“Criminal justice information” ought to include data on Rice County active warrants and also, perhaps, arrest records. Thus, the KBI may prove to provide the best information on arrests and warrants. The page links to another page, which sets forth the steps for doing a criminal background history check. If you cannot use the KBI online search engine, there are other options for looking into arrest warrants and records, including those for Rice County. The KBI email address for background information is Record_Check et kbi.state.ks.us. The office is open from 8:00 AM to Midnight, Monday through Friday.
How do I obtain arrest records and warrant information from Rice County over the phone? (Valid until 2021)
- For information on arrests and inmates, call the Rice County Jail at 620-257-7877 Option #1.
- For general inquiries, get in touch with the Sheriff’s Office at 620-257-2363.
- For arrest records, police reports and accident reports, get in touch with the Sheriff’s Office at 620-257-7876 Option #2.
- For information on arrest warrants, call the Municipal Court 620-257-2320.
- For victim’s assistance, call the Rice County Attorney’s Office at 620-257-3081.
- For information on filing a request for a criminal background search, call the Office of the Clerk of Court at 620-257-2383.
Crime statistics of Rice County
Rice County’s total crime rate decreased from 43 incidents in 2018 to 32 complaints in 2019. Approximately 4 of these incidents were crimes against persons, while property offenses accounted for the remaining 28 complaints. In this category, there were 3 burglaries and 20 larceny-thefts.
Older crime statistics