When you launch an arrest warrant search in Osage County, KS, you don’t have to worry about receiving details on detentions that exclusively occurred under the provisions of judicial orders. Not only will you be told about all arrests in the background of the subject, but also you will get the low down on all detention decrees that were put to use against this person.
For instance, bench warrants that also call for arrests are rarely used by tribunals with criminal jurisdictions unless the defendant fails to show up in court and must be recaptured to stand trial. Generally, it is commonplace to see these orders being used by civil courts in cases of disobedience.
However, because they are also served by the cops and issued by the judiciary, you will find information about them with both departments. On the same note, when detention occurs, the police maintain arrest records about it. The judiciary is also pulled into the information loop when the Osage County active warrant is returned to its source.
In fact, the official record-keeping wing of the judiciary- the county clerk’s office also keeps information on civil litigations. The department is always willing to offer information from its legal database to the public. To use this facility or the services of other state agencies to get information on outstanding warrants, you can go to:
- Law enforcement agency: 131 W 14th, Lyndon, Kansas 66451
- The county magistrate: 717 Topeka Ave, Lyndon, KS 66451
- The clerk of court: PO Box 265, Lyndon, Kansas 66451
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in Osage County? (2021- Update)
- To find out about recent arrests, contact Osage County Jail at 785-828-4991.
- To obtain arrest records and incident reports, contact the Sheriff’s Department at 785-828-3121.
- To conduct a warrant search, call the Municipal Courts at 785-528-3714/ 785-828-3146.
- To receive details about victim’s assistance, contact the Osage County Attorney’s Office at 785-828-4931.
- To get information on how to begin a criminal case search, contact the Clerk of Court at 785-828-4514.
Crime statistics of Osage County
The annual crime average of Osage County stood at nearly 70 incidents in 2018. Of the complaints filed, property crimes clocked around 60 cases, while violent crimes led to the filing of 10 cases. These 10 reported offenses involved 5 instances of each rape and assault. In the property crimes category, nearly 35 complaints were filed against larceny-theft while 20 were filed against burglary.
Older crime statistics
Of the 230 plus crimes reported in Osage County, Kansas, almost 15% can be clubbed into the violent crimes category. In the last few years, there has been a growth of over 50% in this crime category. At the same time, the average of reported crime swelled by over 30%.